Each Wednesday night, teens are encouraged to gather together at 6:45pm as we “SOJOURN” together with an eternal focus as our stay here is temporary (2 Cor. 5:7).
During the summer months the “SOJOURN” Youth Group meets on Wednesdays at 6:30pm for ministry opportunities for kids ages 3 to 6th grade followed by a time of prayer and Bible study from 8:00-8:30pm.
Our mission is to model, mentor, and equip these young ministers in Christ-like character, sound doctrine, and effective methods to reach lost peers and make disciples of their own (Matthew 28:18-20).
- A solid understanding of the Gospel and the daily influence of the powerful Word of God.
- A commitment to desiring Christ as Lord of our lives. Promoting the identification of sin, the growth in hatred of sin, and repentance, through the righteousness of Christ, from sin rather than overlooking or justifying sin.
- The fruit of the Spirit-desiring and experiencing ‘Christ-like’ characteristics in our lives.
- A servant attitude-A desire to serve others in the name of Christ.
- A devotional life-Encourage the development of spiritual disciplines that are a result of heart change through prayer, bible study, witnessing, and ministry involvement.
- Understanding their role in the Body of Christ and their role in impacting siblings or peers with the grace and love of Christ.